Yes, it is. But it really depends on the kind of personality you are. If you are somebody who has always been a specialist, then sticking to your own domain is much more worth than pursuing an MBA. This doesn’t at all mean that you can’t pursue an MBA and be successful after that but there is no really value that you can extract from pursuing and spending so much on it.
Here are the reasons you should pursue an MBA:
- To upgrade your business acumen and to venture out into positions in management, leadership, sales, marketing, finance and more.
- If you are an outgoing person who loves to communicate with people and want to enhance your communication skills.
- If you are a business person and you believe that your current business is not doing well. The course teaches you the recent case studies in the business world which can be leveraged and can be utilized in the real world or in your own business for increased revenues and profits.
- If you need to have a business degree for a job whose minimum qualification is an MBA degree. There are many Tier-1 consulting companies like McKinsey, Booz, BCG, Deloitte and Bain; that requires a business degree from a top B-school.
- If it is your passion to do an MBA.
- If you want a foreign corporate world exposure, which will add a star in your budding career.
If you need to learn – corporate finance, Business management, Project Management, entrepreneurship and the list goes on.